Some graduates feel the need to improve their knowledge of the law. That is why they choose to go on in their career to pursue another law degree.
Usually, people who attend an LLM are both graduates in law and other disciplines. Besides, learners who have chosen an LLM are traditionally people who are already working or have a working background in law-related fields.
If you’re interested in knowing more about how an LLM works, click here.
LLM in international law: an overview
However, in brief, LLMs are master’s programmes in law that are useful for learners specialising in a specific law-related discipline. That said, there are different types of LLMs. This article concentrates on the LLM in international business law.
So, an LLM in international business law is a master’s programme in law specified in gaining knowledge in international and national trade from a legal perspective.
International business law is for people who:
- want to know more about legal and juristic practices from an international point of view,
- would like to advance in their careers, or
- are planning to work for an international corporation.
The main features of a good-quality LLM in international law
Anyhow, there are features that every proper master’s programme course in international law should have:
It is challenging to start working in the law sector without gaining experience. Hence, it’d be better to find an LLM in international law that doesn’t only focus on the theoretical side of the topic but integrates the academic knowledge into the practical side.
- A strong network of partnersFor that reason, it’d be better to choose an LLM with a strong network of partners from both the private and public sectors. Internships at partnering institutions are essential when it comes to experience.
- Raise employability
It’s essential to gain transferrable skills that can be used in your career afterwards. So, an LLM improves, by no doubt, employability no matter if the learners are law graduates or not.
- Tech-friendlyBesides, the entire world is becoming more and more digitalised and technology-related. As international e-commerce is always a more widespread phenomenon, it’d be also good if the course would integrate some notions on technology in the legal field.
- ProfessionalsResearchers, professors, educators, and other specialists who know this subject well are there to guide you towards your career in international law.
But, how do the LLMs in international law work?
Usually, LLM programmes in international law cover a brief initial summary of the national law and its fundamentals. That part is generally compulsory for those students who are not law graduates and whose prior studies are not related to juridical disciplines.
Then, they move into a more profound and international side of the topic. What is more is that mainly, the modules talk about which law to choose, different types of letters of credit, and international sales law. The latter usually includes the complex but exciting nuances of e-commerce and its functioning on a global scale.
So, whether you’re choosing to pursue an LLM in international law, it is good to know that these characteristics are related to the choice and the quality of a proper master’s programme course in international law.
ASOMI College of Sciences and LLMs
ACS ASOMI College of Sciences offers degree programs and LLMs that follow the abovementioned characteristics. In summary, these characteristics are:
- As it’s challenging to find a job in a law-related matter, ACS-college courses always offer students the possibility of doing an internship.
- ASOMI College of Sciences has a strong international network of partners for doing a proper field-related experience.
- And, as the study programme is practice-related, it raises employability. It offers a wide range of transversal skills that can be applied in law-related working environments of a different kinds.
- The LLMs at ACS integrate technology in the study programmes to allow learners to be constantly updated on the international law panorama. As digitalisation and e-commerce are growing, the students need to have the possibility to attend a programme that integrates technology-based learning.
- Last but not least, at ACS College, we have well-trained and specialised educators and researchers organising the courses.
Click here to know more about the study programmes offered at ACS College. Besides, do not hesitate to get in touch for extra information, as we are here to help.